Forum

Automatic Detection of Incompatible/Compatible - Devices&Firmwares:
         Forum Index  ->  Suggestions

set
 Posted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:33       Post subject: Automatic Detection of Incompatible/Compatible - Devices&Firmwares:   

Hi Mat,

Just viewing Dmitry thread and it got me thinking on your behalf lol.

As it stands when we purchase and install Touch4 it springs into action, which is great.

However, if you have a post install test. On first run only:
Load your TouchAnalyser:
Initiate arduino only.
Execute automatic move.
Test pixels for success.
If it fails report device and firmware for auto inclusion of incompatible devices/firmwares in forum.

If success, do some fancy movements and report to user and yourself devices/firmwares compatible in forum.

Cheers set.
Mat
 Posted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 14:17       Post subject: Automatic Detection of Incompatible/Compatible - Devices&Firmwares:   

I had this idea also a few month ago. But that will not work.

USB, external Hardware is complicated... often. And the user has to connect all devices before I can do this test.

In my experience, users don't even read the app description, they are running the App and say "it doesn't work".

To handle it, and to help them, I have opened this forum so that they can derive their problems from other posts.

And for me it's easier... because I can copy & paste the solutions, or give them the right post link, or other users can help users.
set
 Posted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 15:04       Post subject: Automatic Detection of Incompatible/Compatible - Devices&Firmwares:   

Human support much better, keep working code lean.
Pastylat
 Posted: Sat May 18, 2019 15:05       Post subject: Automatic Detection of Incompatible/Compatible - Devices&Firmwares:   

set wrote:
Human support much better, keep working code lean.

That's true.
         Forum Index  ->  Suggestions
This forum was programmed by Mat  © 2009/2019