Forum

touch4gamepad (for TV) - trouble with gesture mapping...
         Forum Index  ->  Touch4Gamepad

Goto page Previous  1 2
Mat
 Posted: Tue May 14, 2019 17:06       Post subject: touch4gamepad (for TV) - trouble with gesture mapping...   

Here are some reviews for the Touch4Wireless (for TV) App:

Works great on Sony Android TV + Logitech F310 + Arduino Pro Micro + Magic NS. Couldn't start on Xiaomi Mi Box 3 ...

Insane how well this works! I bought a board and a stick suggested, and I'm currently using touch input on my TV without issue! There is a mouse mode that you can switch into seamlessly, and then back to gamepad mode. 5/5 stars completely deserved.

It seems the Xiaomi Mi Box 3 (with AndroidTV) has also some issues. The problem is... that each manufacturer can fill his version with a lot of bugs, and then the customers get problems.

There is no solid Hardware/Software Android Quality-Management. Google is checking only Apps... not the Hardware.
And there are too many ways to use USB. There are is no easy USB Library that is working with all devices.
Super@3
 Posted: Tue May 14, 2019 17:12       Post subject: touch4gamepad (for TV) - trouble with gesture mapping...   

I don't think the Results with the wireless application will be any different,it just doesn't make any sense! I am going to try it anyway of course because I already told you I bought the application.I just need the USB dongle to arrive to give it a try. it will take a while though because I ordered it from China and it needs at least a month to arrive at Greece.....
Mat
 Posted: Tue May 14, 2019 17:15       Post subject: touch4gamepad (for TV) - trouble with gesture mapping...   

Ok.
Super@3
 Posted: Tue May 14, 2019 17:25       Post subject: touch4gamepad (for TV) - trouble with gesture mapping...   

Xbox controllers are very hard for me to find but I already tried with a PS3 Controller and the results where exactly the same So I think I'm not going for the Xbox controller alternative.... do you think that may be the Android version of the tv is to blame? should I upgrade to Android 8? I am not sure but I think it is possible. Do you think I should go for it? How possible do you think it is that this will eliminate the bug And how can we be sure that more bugs won't be created?
Mat
 Posted: Tue May 14, 2019 17:37       Post subject: touch4gamepad (for TV) - trouble with gesture mapping...   

do you think that may be the Android version of the tv is to blame? should I upgrade to Android 8? I am not sure but I think it is possible. Do you think I should go for it? How possible do you think it is that this will eliminate the bug And how can we be sure that more bugs won't be created?

This is a very good question. AndroidTV is like a lucky bag, you never know what you're getting.

I've updated my NVidia Shield TV... and then Ethernet and USB were going crazy (disconnects every second). So I had to reset the device completely and installed everything again. Now it's working. Sometimes it's a hard business... and it's luck.

That's why I like Mac Hardware + Software (not the iPad, not the iPhone, not iOS, but MacOS), because... it's simple working.
Super@3
 Posted: Tue May 14, 2019 17:52       Post subject: touch4gamepad (for TV) - trouble with gesture mapping...   

My thoughts exactly so we'll keep the Android upgrade as a last resort.... so in conclusion one thing I am going to do is I'm going to try the wireless application. Another thought I made is that maybe with a different Arduino board the problem would be solved. How possible do you think This is judging by your experience and expertise?
Mat
 Posted: Tue May 14, 2019 18:23       Post subject: touch4gamepad (for TV) - trouble with gesture mapping...   

Super@3 wrote:
Another thought I made is that maybe with a different Arduino board the problem would be solved. How possible do you think This is judging by your experience and expertise?

It has nothing to do with the Arduino Board, because you can not place/move the Gesture Element with your AndroidTV + DS4 Gamepad in the Touch-Elements Editor. It's a KeyEvent/USB problem.
Mat
 Posted: Tue May 14, 2019 18:31       Post subject: touch4gamepad (for TV) - trouble with gesture mapping...   

About the Gesture placement.

Which buttons you are pressing in what order on the DS4 Gamepad?

I'm doing this:

- In the Menu: "Left Stick", moving to the Gesture Icon, pressing "X" (circle is GREEN)

- In Touch Editor: "Left Stick", moving the Gesture Circle "X" Icon to the START position, pressing "X" (circle is RED)
- In Touch Editor: "Left Stick", moving the Gesture Circle "X" Icon to the END position, pressing "X" (circle is BLUE)

That's it.
Super@3
 Posted: Tue May 14, 2019 19:02       Post subject: touch4gamepad (for TV) - trouble with gesture mapping...   

Ok, about the Arduino board if you say so I believe you. You obviously know much more than me. As for the keys I am pressing and the order I'm doing it in, I'm doing the exact same things as you do in the example you posted. only difference is that when I am in the touch editor screen and I press the x button to set the start point of the gesture, the Gesture Circle "X" Icon turns red and then it refuses to move!!!!! At this point sometimes the app lets me press the X button again and turn the gesture circle "X" icon Blue, and sometimes it won't even let me do that (No matter what buttons I press the gesture circle X icon remains still and red). It is just like the touch editor screen and the whole application is Frozen.... it doesn't respond at anything except the menu button combination. You have to hit it three times: twice for the application to disappear and Once again for it to resurface.
Mat
 Posted: Tue May 14, 2019 19:15       Post subject: touch4gamepad (for TV) - trouble with gesture mapping...   

Crazy.

I think it's an USB bug. Because if the USB signal from the DS4 Gamepad is not 100% interpreted, then the KeyEvents (Gamepad Buttons) are wrong. And I think I know the problem. The last time I've had this with the old Motorola Xoom tablet. This Android version needed a Timeout of 20ms and not 1000ms. I don't know why, but all the other Android devices worked.

If I were you... I would take the Android 8 update. It's a risk... but to solve problems, which alternative do you have?
Super@3
 Posted: Tue May 14, 2019 19:17       Post subject: touch4gamepad (for TV) - trouble with gesture mapping...   

Talking about alternatives, do you feel less optimistic about the wireless application solution after our last conversations??? I'm thinking too wait for the USB Dongle first to give the wireless application a try and then I'm going to consider about the upgrade...
Mat
 Posted: Tue May 14, 2019 19:19       Post subject: touch4gamepad (for TV) - trouble with gesture mapping...   

Do the Android 8 update :-)
Super@3
 Posted: Tue May 14, 2019 19:29       Post subject: touch4gamepad (for TV) - trouble with gesture mapping...   

Okay I'll take this under serious consideration. In any case I'll keep you posted. It may take a while to hear from me again, but you will. Thank you so much for your answers and help so far!

Ps: your application is really really clever and it Rocks (regardless the Bug I'm experiencing)!!!!!
         Forum Index  ->  Touch4Gamepad
            Goto page Previous  1 2
This forum was programmed by Mat  © 2009/2019